Page 142 - Different Kind of Bored

30th Jun 2012, 6:00 AM
Different Kind of Bored
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes)
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Newbiespud 30th Jun 2012, 6:00 AM edit delete
Newbiespud
If you've ever played Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Dominion, Scotland Yard, etc....

213 Comments:

darkwulf23 30th Jun 2012, 6:03 AM edit delete reply
darkwulf23
You know I never knew about the Spiel des Jahres awards before this comic. I am now a little more educated.
Ranubis 30th Jun 2012, 10:49 AM edit delete reply
Ranubis
Me either. Now I get to go and find out more about these games.
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 12:38 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
I didn't know the German version of the Game of the Year award those things had won. Nor did I know Nine Men's Morris. You learn a lot this way.
GuestM 29th Jul 2012, 1:47 PM edit delete reply
And I didn´t know Spiel des Jahres was recognized outside of germany. I just figured every country has some similar award.
Thousand Year Sunrise 30th Jun 2012, 6:13 AM edit delete reply
An HOUR? Good lord!

And I hadn't heard of Nine Men's Morris before. I might give it a shot.

Crappiest selection of board games ever? So, no Apples to Apples?
...Not even checkers?
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 12:39 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Nine Men's Morris is Tic-Tac-To.
Thousand Year Sunrise 30th Jun 2012, 8:55 PM edit delete reply
You think I wouldn't have checked the internet?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_men%27s_morris

It's a different game. And it's interesting.
Ponyfodder 1st Jul 2012, 10:57 AM edit delete reply
Ponyfodder
You like apples to apples? Are you a person who spends way too much time on the internet? Has it warped your sense of humor and turned you into a horrible person? Then Cards Against Humanity is the game for you! http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/
kriss1989 2nd Jul 2012, 5:27 AM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Curse you Rando!
Karilyn 30th Jun 2012, 6:15 AM edit delete reply
Karilyn
As a devout player of board games, I must express my joy over the mentioning of some of my most beloved games... albiet only the popular well-known ones. Oh well.
Duorogue 1st Jul 2012, 10:06 AM edit delete reply
nice! a animated avatar!
...sadly,I only have settelers of catan out of those games. You NEED 3 players for that game.
Rainbow Hyphen 3rd Jul 2012, 11:40 PM edit delete reply
There's a two-player variant in the Barbarians and Traders expansion, but it doesn't help much.

Basically, it works like this: On your turn, roll twice. If the rolls are the same, reroll both. Otherwise, both effects apply. Then, every time you build a settlement or road, you must also build for one of two "imaginary" players (for free) who otherwise do nothing. It's incredibly boring.
LoganAura 30th Jun 2012, 6:46 AM edit delete reply
LoganAura
Board games at my house stink. We have like 10 of the most boring games ever from about thirty years ago.
Kris_The_Guest 30th Jun 2012, 7:55 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
The only board game at my house that we play very often is Monopoly and my second oldest brother usually wins because everyone else gets tired and has to go to bed.
Chakat Firepaw 2nd Jul 2012, 7:15 AM edit delete reply
If the game is taking that long all the time, you're probably doing something wrong.

Super long games of Monopoly generally mean people aren't trading well and/or they are using the 'free parking jackpot' house rule.
Greywander 2nd Jul 2012, 10:14 AM edit delete reply
Greywander
All the taxes are paid to the center of the board. Whoever lands on Free Parking gets the jackpot.

Now that I think about it, that kind of sounds like a welfare state. Except without the bureaucratic waste.

As for selling/trading property, generally properties can't have their value measured in money alone, and when trading two or more properties, the value of one goes up drastically if it completes a set. Or if it's Boardwalk or Parkplace. Adam Smith help you if the same player snatches both up before anyone else gets a chance.

Why are properties so much more valuable in the hands of players than their face value on the board? One word: Hotels. Is it just me or does it not quite make sense to charge someone more for rent than what the original land cost?
Chakat Firepaw 3rd Jul 2012, 5:35 PM edit delete reply
Yes, the Free Parking Jackpot: Stop using that house rule, it makes the game take much longer because it shifts the base money flow to be from the bank to the players. It also tends to make the winner random.

JSYK: This is one of the best examples of a bad house rule in existence. It's not only a rule which a lot of people use, (often not even realizing it's a house rule), but it is also a horridly bad rule.

And yes, the value of properties is not in direct concordance with the price on the board and changes based on what else you have: This is why trading is so important! When you trade with another player, it helps _both_ of you. In fact, one of the most common misconceptions that leads to poor trading is the belief that you have to 'win' the trades.


For most people, 'fixing' Monopoly means correcting 4 things that they are actually getting wrong:

1) Free Parking is just free parking. Nothing bad happens, but there is no reward either.
2) Trade, trade, trade! You don't need to win them, just profit from them.
3) If you land on an unowned property, someone _is_ going to buy it. If nothing else, someone will bid $1 just to be able to mortgage it.
4) There are 12 hotels and 32 houses, _NO MORE_. Part of the price of a hotel is turning in 4 houses and you can't replace that with extra cash.
Raxon 2nd Jul 2012, 11:48 AM edit delete reply
Raxon
Monopoly and D&D have some things in common. The best players aren't the lucky ones, they're the really clever ones.

That said, having seen what a truly ruthless player can do in 'speed' monopoly, I have no desire to play it anymore.
Oblivious 30th Jun 2012, 7:14 AM edit delete reply
Oblivious
I have played Settlers...my God, so many roads to nowhere...
Karilyn 30th Jun 2012, 7:20 AM edit delete reply
Karilyn
Better than Carcassonne. It's amazing how you always end up with the most horribly deformed ugly looking maps in that game. It's one of my main complaints about it. I feel like there should have been some better way to handle the way the city walls looked on the tiles. Oh well, tis a small complaint.
Andy 30th Jun 2012, 12:53 PM edit delete reply
Heh. I've played enough Carcassonne that I hold it to be a quirky idiosyncrasy of the game that I make jokes about.

For instance, the chalk outline: when a farmer ends up surrounded entirely by roads. It's a crime scene worthy of many tears.
AJBulldis 30th Jun 2012, 7:28 AM edit delete reply
Settlers of Catan? More like Settlers of RAGE. I have an incredible amount of difficulty playing that game without losing my temper. Oddly enough, I can play Monopoly without hating everyone in a four block radius just fine.
Lyntermas 30th Jun 2012, 7:58 AM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
I tried Settlers of Catan once, but I didn't really get into it. Clue is more my style.
Ponyfodder 1st Jul 2012, 10:55 AM edit delete reply
Ponyfodder
The whole point of settlers of catan is to make "wood for sheep" jokes. Also, build everything out of sheep. Roads? you don't need 1 wood 1 brick, you just need 8 sheep. Travelers will MARVEL at a city made entirely out of sheep. You sit upon the sheep throne, deep in the sheep palace, and you build your sheep empire.
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 7:58 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Played Carcassonne once with my brother, shortly after he bought it. It's been collecting dust on a shelf ever since.


(Game continuing once we get a few more comments, as per Lynt's request. Tiffany/Horizon, feel free to spill your guts on the brother's backstory / Horizon's familiarity on it when I post the next update.)
Ramsus 30th Jun 2012, 11:05 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Doesn't look like we ever got anything from Zerbin. *sigh*
Bronymous 30th Jun 2012, 11:12 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Tracking.
The Guest 30th Jun 2012, 3:15 PM edit delete reply
We seriously need a forum for these things.
MirrorImage 30th Jun 2012, 11:37 PM edit delete reply
MirrorImage
I know many years ago, I had set up a free phpbb forum for an RP. You could do that from phpBB's website. Not sure what kind of restrictions there were on it, since we only had about 30 users and 10 boards, but if you're looking for a central place to dump conversations, that would do you good.
Alchemy Gold 30th Jun 2012, 8:02 AM edit delete reply
I've played four out of the five games you've just mentioned, and a few other Spiel de Jahres winners and nominees: Qwirkle, Dixit, Stone Age... Yes, I am totally a gamer-nerd.
DB 30th Jun 2012, 9:58 AM edit delete reply
I’ve played a number of Eurogames, including Settlers of Cataan, but I’ve never been a big fan of the way they tend to go out of their way, sometimes fairly blatantly, to avoid conflict—often boiling down to “race games” instead. My allegiance is given largely to RPGs and historical wargames—Avalon Hill, SPI, GDW, and that lot.
Karilyn 30th Jun 2012, 11:04 AM edit delete reply
Karilyn
When you play regularly with close friends, you learn to greatly appreciate the avoiding conflict aspect of it. Games which are particularly cut-throat tend not to work so well when playing with your girl/boyfriend. That and one of the best traits of Eurogames is that even if you're losing you aren't eliminated from play, so nobody is left sitting around for an hour or two waiting for the others to finish the game like what happens during many American board games.
Digo 30th Jun 2012, 11:36 AM edit delete reply
The only conflict style game that seems to go over alright with my friends is "Chez Geek".
Andy 30th Jun 2012, 12:54 PM edit delete reply
Well...you just have to look a little harder than usual to find the conflict. In a word: the robber. Hooooo boy the robber. It's like a hot potato for my conflict-averse friends.

And it's a weapon of gleeful destruction in my hands.
Lyntermas 30th Jun 2012, 10:10 AM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
Not a board game, per se, but I found this game in junior high. http://www.transience.com.au/pearl.html
Took me forever to figure it out.
SBM92 30th Jun 2012, 10:31 AM edit delete reply
when our GM needs to multiset, as we call it, we usually end up discussing our week, or looking stuff up on youtube.

i have a question to ask the comglomeration: i'm going to be in my first ever D&D game on monday (3.5e. i want to play a hig-dex character, but i'm unsure of which race/career is best suited for that. can anyone give me some advice?
Zeeth 30th Jun 2012, 10:49 AM edit delete reply
3.5e, high-dex. I'd go with an elf (standard), gnome (secondary), or pixie (unusual) for race, and rogue, bard, or ranger for class. Alternatively, a specialist cleric, possibly multiclassed. Really, the only class where dex doesn't matter is generic cleric, or *maybe* a smashing-stuff-focused warrior type. But a klutzy wizard might be fun to play anyway.
SBM92 30th Jun 2012, 10:56 AM edit delete reply
cheers dude
Bronymous 30th Jun 2012, 11:08 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Elf Ranger, Dump STR, Two Weapon Fighting Track, Weapon Finesse. Plenty of skills and combat effective. Plus some decent magic down the line.
nerdanel 1st Jul 2012, 8:29 PM edit delete reply
First time poster, long time listener. ^^

@Newbiespud: I was introduced to MLP because of this wonderful series. I just wanted to say, thank you.

If you take Bronymous' advice for a Ranger then i suggest you keep your Str at at least 11. If your DM is a stickler for the encumberance rules then that will give you enough strength for a chain shirt, two scimitars and ... a full waterskin. Regardless, dual wield is a LOT of fun. I have a Rashemi (Forgotten Realms) Bard idea that attempts to dual wield moon blades.

For an interesting Dex build, I suggest a Rogue/Scout combination particularly if your DM allows the "Complete" series of supplements. It's probably not a build for first timers, but will consistently sneak attack/skirmish for fireball levels of damage once a round (3d6 @1, 18d6 @20). You will always get this damage on a normal non-fortified enemy.

Human is always a solid racial choice, that extra early feat (and bonus skill point) is potentially very useful.
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 9:45 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
According to the book, extra weight/carrying capacity is only an issue if you are "weak" or carrying a whole lot of extra gear, and "weak" while not readily defined, can be assumed to mean <10. So as long as your Strength is 10+, the DM should allow you to get away with a full set of gear, including the two weapons and armor of choice, and extra for loot.
Zuche 30th Jun 2012, 10:38 AM edit delete reply
I'm more partial to Red Dragon Inn, though not so much its latest expansion.
Karilyn 30th Jun 2012, 10:40 AM edit delete reply
Karilyn
Well it's that time again for the next update on Stairc's Pony Tales session! We have lots of fun stuff we made today! And I've broken it down into a table of contents for your ease of use!

This session, Stairc had completed the out-of-combat talents for our ponies, and we got great milage out of them!


Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Session 01 - The Mystery at Winter's End
Session 02 - Like a Ship Over Troubled Firestorm (NEW!)

Prologue Fanfiction
Chapter 01 - Inky Quills: Runaway Writer (By Ranubis) (NEW!)
Chapter 02 - Soaring Song, Quiet Giant (By Oblivious) (NEW!)

Resources
Player Cheat Sheet
NPC Cheat Sheet (Updated!)
NPC Cheat Sheet (Spoiler Free Version) (Updated!)

Fun Stuff!
Photo of the Current Party (Say hi to Stylus!) (NEW!)
A Quick Little Gag Battle Photo (NEW!)
Stylus (NEW!)
Ranubis 30th Jun 2012, 10:45 AM edit delete reply
Ranubis
All shall fear Alcazar Ward, destroyer of plot devices!
Karilyn 30th Jun 2012, 10:59 AM edit delete reply
Karilyn
All hail Inky Quills, shipper extraordinaire!
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 12:26 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
All hail whats-her-name, chew toy extraordinaire and reincarnation of Rincewind!

kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 12:56 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
If Heat Wave was lucky, she wouldn't have been hurt in the first place. It's more like Fate decided it wasn't done screwing with her and brought her back from the dead just to torment her more later on.

All hail Heat Wave, the living jinx!
Karilyn 30th Jun 2012, 1:09 PM edit delete reply
Karilyn
I like to think Fate felt guilty for what she had already done, so she took pity on Heat Wave and spared her from an untimely death. It's more amusing that way.

It's hard to call her a jinx when she survived, despite all probability being horribly against her favor. She effectively won the lottery by not dying.
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 2:59 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Like I said, Rincewind. Fate hates her (getting her in the incredibly perilous situation and manipulating events to her doom), but The Lady loves her, hence the 0.00833% likely events happening (Luck can be good or bad, it's about how you chain it together).

Or it's the opposite way around: The Lady despises her, but Fate won't let her die without a considerable fight (He has plans for her, random ignitions be damned!).
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 6:18 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Or they both hate her and want her to suffer as long and as much as they can arrange.
LoganAura 30th Jun 2012, 8:11 PM edit delete reply
LoganAura
....
What the...
I... Is this what I should expect from my game 9_6. Things being loopy?
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 8:44 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Depends on what the GM allows in their game.
Oblivious 30th Jun 2012, 11:46 PM edit delete reply
Oblivious
To be fair, this is a roleplay-heavy homebrew system, so it allows for more wacky character development and situations. But enough about the mechanics; the players wanna know if it's as good a read as it was to play and act it out.
Greywander 1st Jul 2012, 1:02 AM edit delete reply
Greywander
No after-the-fact account can do justice to having been there and seen it first hand, or better yet, to have actively participated in it. But reading through the summary makes me eager to start in LoganAura's game, assuming my character is still among the top four. I hope we can give your party's antics a run for their money, though I suspect that will be largely up to the dice.

Seriously, Heat Wave. That's like getting struck by lightning twice while holding a Royal Flush.
Oblivious 1st Jul 2012, 1:22 AM edit delete reply
Oblivious
I think one of us (probably DM Dan) made a joke about those odds involving a deck of cards...
In any case, you're right; some of the experience is lost in translation, and that's a shame. That's why we chat afterwards to make sure we have detailed notes for Karilyn's session summary, and try to get some of the smaller details in there, like some of the out of character dialogue and improvised jokes that make it to the in-character moments. Ultimately, this is all in good fun, and we're hoping to provide some related entertainment to anyone willing to pay attention to us goofballs post-session. Plus, it's a nice consolation for anyone who wanted in on this campaign, but couldn't make it/missed the cut-off/just barely missed being selected.
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 8:27 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
You could try recording it and make a full transcript.

Personally, I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Heat Wave asks Alcazar (Elements of Honesty are fun, aren't they?) exactly why they took so long.
Ranubis 1st Jul 2012, 10:50 AM edit delete reply
Ranubis
Explaining to Heat Wave how we had to save an NPC that she was befriending and now is part of our team? That won't be too much of a problem.

Explaining how I was the first to destroy a major clue? That may be a bit more difficult.
Azureink 2nd Jul 2012, 10:35 PM edit delete reply
Azureink
Consolidation? More like furious envy!

I was one of those almost-barely-but-not-picked individuals, and I feel great sadness that I am not in the game.
Jason Shadow 2nd Jul 2012, 8:33 AM edit delete reply
Jason Shadow
Heat Wave... Oh, dear god, Heat Wave. That combat sequence... wow.
Thousand Year Sunrise 2nd Jul 2012, 9:39 PM edit delete reply
http://thousandyearsunrise.deviantart.com/#/d55w7bi

A little something for you and your group. I'll post this again on the next comic, since it's technically Tuesday right now and I doubt that you'll see this.
LoganAura 2nd Jul 2012, 10:45 PM edit delete reply
LoganAura
I SAW THAT FIRST!
And it is beautiful TYS D':
Guest 3rd Jul 2012, 3:04 AM edit delete reply
We definitely saw it! As it was linked to hell and back up in our Skype chat room.
Greywander 30th Jun 2012, 10:44 AM edit delete reply
Greywander
Settlers of Catan, I've played it a few times. I remember wishing I had armies with which to attack and destroy my enemies with. Blocking me in with roads, rabble rabble... Of course, I usually gave as good as I got.

Anyone here play Civilization? No, not the Sid Meier variety, but the Avalon Hill variety that inspired the computer game of the same name. Although, speaking of Sid Meier's Civilization, I remember I once played a game of Civ II until around the year 2400. Good times.
Bronymous 30th Jun 2012, 10:47 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
I have never played any of those games. you know what game I like? Risk. I do work at Risk. Also Chess, along with any other game that involves giving my opponent a sound mental beating.

Minesweeper is pretty fun too. Also, Uno.
Zuche 1st Jul 2012, 3:06 PM edit delete reply
Funny, I found my best games of chess were the ones in which the positions mattered more than the opponent. I've never been all that successful at the board, but my opponents generally find my games creative and entertaining. Some higher rated players preferred the risk of losing to me than the option of winning against stronger but duller players.

Then again, I consider 1. a3 e5, 2. Nc6 Ne7, 3. Nf3 d6, 4. d4 exd4, 5. Nxd4 c5, 6. Ndb5 d5, 7. Nxd5 Na6, 8. Nf6+ gxf6, 9. Nd6+ Kd7, 10. Nxf7+ resigns to be good comedy, so my judgment might be suspect.
Bronymous 1st Jul 2012, 7:47 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
I'm pretty sure you would decimate me in chess, being that I don't have any idea what you just said. My strategy runs like this: General 4-move victory. unless they catch on or just luckily move the right pieces, then a fortress defense, force them to move first, and mop up their pieces as they open up. I find this kind of strategy works well on new and experienced players alike, and is particularly frustrating to those without a sense of improvisation when their own strategy goes to hell.
Zuche 1st Jul 2012, 8:10 PM edit delete reply
Once you know that four move pattern, it opens an amazing number of possibilities. It's amazing how many master class games have ended with play against that square even twenty to thirty moves later.

I'm also not going to underestimate anyone that demonstrates understanding that initiative is a commodity and that an advantage in space can be exploited against you.

As for the game, it was a game in which I moved my knights eight times in ten moves to good overall effect. The only one of them that could be criticized was the first, but sometimes you just have to play to your strengths without regard to norms, right?
nerdanel 1st Jul 2012, 9:40 PM edit delete reply
i suppose having your queen-side pawns destroyed, doubled pawns on the f file, your queen and king's rook forked at the same time as a discovered check does call for a speedy resignation.

you're right, i can't see the point of your first move. you might as well have played black.

i prefer Go over Chess.
Zuche 1st Jul 2012, 9:54 PM edit delete reply
That was exactly the point of the first move. I'm referring to the first knight's move, however. The Nimzovich Defense isn't very popular for a lot of reasons.

As for Go, it's a matter of tastes. I'll admit it's more complicated, but I've yet to see in it the same flexibility and humour I find in chess.
nerdanel 1st Jul 2012, 11:02 PM edit delete reply
But... knights...

When I was very young I always opened with knights because I loved them so much. Alas, I never got particularly good at the game.

I wouldn't call Go complicated, but I agree it's a matter of taste. Also, in Go there's also a very simple mechanic for evening out skill advantage which is nice because it allows me to play any of my friends.

I do have a friend who is a HUGE fan of Shogi. To his mind, the more types of units, and the bigger the battlefield, the better.
Zuche 1st Jul 2012, 11:07 PM edit delete reply
Oh, yeah, shogi is fantastic. I miss the option for closed positions, but the fact that it's almost entirely middle game is fantastic. It also offers great insight with regard to containing opposing pieces in a seemingly open position.
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 9:58 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Oh, that's the other thing. I ALWAYS play black. Every time.
Zuche 3rd Jul 2012, 5:35 AM edit delete reply
I generally prefer it as well, though my first two performances in the Canadian Open suggested otherwise. (Seven wins, one loss, and two draws with white. Two draws and eight losses with black.)
Digo 30th Jun 2012, 11:35 AM edit delete reply
I heard of Catan but... not the others.
I was more a PayDay/SkipBo/Apples-2-Apples kind of player.
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 12:45 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Mansions of Madness anyone?
Jet 30th Jun 2012, 3:02 PM edit delete reply
Jet
Now THERE'S a game that does something right! Totally worth the 5 hours of my life (including explaining the rules).
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 3:39 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Though honestly, if they were playing Mansions of Madness, they would have finished setting up the board by the time they were done.
Andy 30th Jun 2012, 12:55 PM edit delete reply
Haha! Kudos for the hat-tip to eurogames. It made me chuckle immensely.
Tvtyrant 30th Jun 2012, 1:42 PM edit delete reply
Most of the board games I play couldn't be played in an hour...

Twilight Imperium and Diplomacy especially have absorbed far too much of my life. Settlers of Cataan is really nice-relaxing because you don't have the inevitable controversies that come up in other games.
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 1:45 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Alright, time to continue the game!

Rolf

"Well, if you can think of something, feel free, so long as nobody gets hurt and it's showy enough. Theatre *is* mostly about improvisation."
The black mage beckons you and tells you to stand in a rune circle. He begins weaving enchantments on you of varying complexity (to prevent side-effects of your new form). As he finishes the final enchantment, he prepares for the polymorph spell, and quickly tells you:
"Oh, I forgot to tell you, this will probably hurt a lot."
Before you can object, he casts the spell on you. Needless to say, he was right, as most of your bones very painfully relocate, extend, subtract, and in one case, partially shatter. Your skin and muscles start vanishing, leaving behind a skeletal form with a shade of gray that would indicate ancient age. Your armor shifts a bit as well - turning from your usual "thug" outfit into a regal wizard's robe made of chain-links. As you attempt to speak, you "feel" sonic vibrations emanating from your now-exposed ribcage and out of your mouth. You try to touch where your eyeballs used to be, only to char your finger bone on the bright lights emanating from their sockets.
"Well, there you go, a bonafide lich, or at least, a close look-alike. I'd suggest staying the hell out of sight, unless you want to be smitten by an overzealous paladin. The spell should last at least 48 hours, but I'll remove it after the show."
You thank the mage, and mentally prepare youself as your part comes up. Time to be bad!

Skill challenge

Arcana -> Natural 1 + 8 -> Critical failure

Lore -> Natural 1 + 5 + 3 -> Critical failure

Diplomacy -> 9 + 8 -> 17 -> Success

(Blame the wizards of the coast.)

The cleric gives you one more speech before you enter the stage.
"Normally, one would say "break a leg", but that already happened today, plus, I hate theatre. So, uh, Good luck!"

You stride onto the stage. The audience gasps at your hideous visage. Caught up in the attention you consider using some magic to spice things up a bit. You quickly chant out a cantrip that would make the wind blow around you dramatically. Nothing happens. In panic, you realize that your new voice and lack of vocal organs is causing you to mispronounce some of the vocal components to your spells! You try to imagine how your skull would move, before realizing the audience is starting to get confused by your idleness. You quickly start to improvise, starting your villainous speeches. Thankfully, your lack of facial features kept your panic hidden, and your hideous visage is captifying the audience and boosting your lines. You try to ignore this setback and start to play out your dramatic speech to the hero...

...Before realizing you forgot what your character's actual name was. And that of the saint, for that matter. You stand with your hand in the air, frozen in hesitation, before blurting out a random name. The audience starts laughing, while the whisperers give you a glare that could kill.

In a final act of desperation, you skip some of the lines and prepare for the big finale - your dancing lights spell.
You stall for time with some dramatic arm flailing, getting your concentration up, before attempting to cast the spell. You breathe a sigh of relief (Or rather, you would, if you had a breath in this form) as you see your lights orbiting around you and flying towards the actor playing the saint. You watch in horror however, as the lights fly past your target and into the back stage. You manage to hit one of the stage hands in the face, blinding him and causing him to drop the rope that was holding a prop in place. You narrowly avoid getting beheaded (or be-skulled) by it, which is more than can be said for the saint, who got knocked off the stage.

Having nothing else to do, the audience starts laughing at the sole figure on the stage: you. It's magic kindergarten all over again. You bow your skull in defeat, before a single suicidal thought runs through your mind. The kind of thought that one instantly regrets thinking, let alone saying.

"Well, at least it can't get any worse..."


PS: Lyntermas, your character is put on pause for now - don't reply with him yet. I need to deal with the other players now before you can continue.

PPS: I'll give one more day for Zerbin to reply before replacing him (Anvildude would get priority in that case). I'll update the other characters soon.
Lyntermas 30th Jun 2012, 5:43 PM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
Just let me know when I can jump back in.
Ramsus 30th Jun 2012, 9:52 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
*twiddles thumbs*
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 2:47 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Horizon

*Perception check -> 6 -> Failure*
(No bonuses, due to focusing on Tiffany)

Under Horizon's coercing, Tiffany tells everything she knows. She's looking for the man on the poster because he's related to her, and he did a terrible crime. Listening to her tale, Horizon sees it's a classic case of revenge. Girl has guts, that's for sure. You tries to remember where you know the guy from, though. Judging from the story, you probably met him on one of your... errands, possibly as a witness you'll need to remove to keep your cases closed. You'll need to contact one of your business partners, in case they've heard of anything. Last time you checked, they were preparing for some hit at the booze competition. Or was it the pick & sweeps at the temple? Better check both. You'll might as well let the girl tag along too. Where to first, though...

Tiffany

*Perception check -> 19 + 3 -> Success*
(Bonus from looking in the right direction)

As the scary man interrogates you, you notice the same thief that tried to cut your purse earlier, sneaking up on Horizon, from the alley he ran into. He silently cuts loose one of his gold pouches. He sees you eyeing him and mouths a "shh" sound and a quick wink, before retreating into the darkness.

You could call a guard, but you'd hate yourself if the scary man took it the wrong way and killed him, not to mention what he might do to you. You probably should inform the scary man directly.

Then again...



Bronymous 30th Jun 2012, 3:04 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Oh so its like that, huh?

"What do you say we find a place where we won't draw attention. I keep a room at a nearby inn; if this turns out to be as interesting as I hope, I'll need to retrieve the rest of my gear. Then we can plan out how to find this guy." Horizon begins walking at a brisk pace, pushing his way through the crowd again, making sure to shoot a smug look to the guard.

Horizon's jobs pay well enough to keep a room, and he rarely carries all of his gear if he is working inside the city. Fully equipped he wears a Breastplate, and Dual wields a Scimitar and his signature Kukri, as well as general purpose adventuring gear.
Kris_The_Guest 30th Jun 2012, 3:17 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"W-wait, someone stole your gold! Follow me!" Tiffany took off down the alley, fumbling with her bag to get the poster in.

(She's wearing basic heavy armor so that might weigh her down.)
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 4:27 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Horizon & Tiffany

Horizon follows Tiffany, realizing his gold pouch is missing. You run off into the alley, attempting to catch the thief.

Horizon -> Local Lore Check -> 7+8 = 15

Horizon knows the streets well enough to follow the thief without getting lost or losing his track. As you chase after him, you hear a cry of surprise as he runs out of sight on a turn. Peeking behind the turn, you see a group of three thugs, who appear to be robbing a blind man. They quickly notice the thief, grab him and start beating him. One of the thugs takes his pouch and starts dangling it in front of the blind man to mock him. The thugs haven't noticed seen you yet, and are busy swindling the thief. You notice the following about the alley:
- There's a chained up, sleeping dog near to you...
- A rickety-looking ladder leading to the balconies, which goes right above the thugs...
- The back wall of the alley is casting very large shadows of anything in it's entrance...
- There's a very long clothes-drying rope hanging nearby with lots of bulky clothes. The rope is long enough to spread from one end of the alley to the other, or make a tool from...
- There's sinkhole in the alley: A hole leading into the sewers, that's been covered up with fabric to keep animals from getting in. The thugs are standing near it...
- The thugs look strong, but stupid. They don't have any armor, but you can see that two of them are armed with makeshift clubs, while the third one has a dagger.


(I have no idea how do to combat. Describe exactly how you plan on fighting, if you plan on fighting at all. I guess I'll try to judge from it, or have someone else judge "who wins" the fight)
Kris_The_Guest 30th Jun 2012, 5:12 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Tiffany looked around quickly before taking her war hammer out.
"If I go up the ladder and drop down on the one with the knife, That may knock him out and the others can only dent my armor."
Tiffany started climbing up to the balcony after grabbing one end of the clothes line.

(Hey Zarhon? Can we send you PMs as basically notes?)
Zarhon 30th Jun 2012, 5:32 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Suppose so, but remind me of it. I might forget to check on them.
Kris_The_Guest 30th Jun 2012, 6:21 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
I already sent you one. *sweatdrops*

Tiffany stood on the balcony, ready to hop down and drop the clothes line as a distraction.
Bronymous 30th Jun 2012, 5:58 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
"Well in that case, wait for my go." Horizon waits for Tiffany to make it up to the balcony, then draws his Kukri, keeping it concealed, and steps into the alleyway. "Hey, you three! The small one there took something of mine. Let me have it back, and you can have him. Kick him around, kill him, whatever you like. But I want my money back." Horizon continues to approach, slowly, taking note of Tiffany's location. "You wouldn't want your day ruined for no reason now, would you?"

NO Intimidate check: the plan here is to goad them into getting close, and then having Tiffany drop on them. In the confusion, Horizon kills one quickly, then scares off the third, so as to further his reputation.
Perception Check: watching the thief, to make sure he doesn't run off.


(About to head out, last post of the night. Will pick up ASAP tomorrow).
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 8:06 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Tiffany

Stealth check -> 10+3 = 13 -> Success
(Bonus for size, penalty for heavy armor and rickety ladder)

You carefully climb the ladder, making note not to make any noise with your armor. The ladder creaks with each step, but not loudly enough to alert the thugs. Your extra care also prevents you from stepping with your full weight on a broken rung on the ladder as well. You reach the balcony and silently take position above the thug that's mocking the old man.

Horizon

"Yours? I don't see you name on it, stranger... And we DON'T take idly to threats on our turf."
The two thugs approach you, while the dagger thug turns around and makes sure the thief doesn't try anything funny.

Battle
(Winning rolls kill/incapacitate opponents, losing rolls miss / prolong the fight)

Tiffany -> 19 + 8 = 27 -> Success
(Bonus for surprise, momentum from the fall+weapon, heavy weight from armor)

Tiffany drops down directly onto the knife thug, crushing him with both her hammer and the weight of her own armor.
He's knocked out instantly, but Tiffany is knocked to the ground as well. The thief yells in surprise, distracting the other two thugs.

Horizon -> 9+5= 14 -> Success

Using the confusion, Horizon quickly slices one of the thugs in the back, killing him. The last thug is now completely confused and terrified. He sidesteps around you, and runs away.

Horizon -> Perception check -> 17 + 8 = 25 -> Success

The thief considered running away, but quickly dismissed the idea after you shot an angry glance at him. On one hand, he's feeling grateful for not being beaten anymore. On the other hand, he's terrified of you both. He quietly asks not to be killed, sweating. Meanwhile, the blind old man stands up and starts walking towards Tiffany. "What's going on? Who's there? Did you get rid of those pests? I may be blind, but I know a fight when I hear one!"


Bronymous 1st Jul 2012, 10:05 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
"You're delusional, old man. There were no 'pests', and there was no fight. All there was," Horizon takes his stolen bag of coins and hands it to the blind man, "was a bag of coin, if you keep quiet and vacate the area. Now." Horizon turns back to the thief. "As for you... I have no reason not to kill you right now. But I do have one question first." He now turns to Tiffany. "You saw him take my money, but you didn't say anything until he had run off, leading to this little escapade. Now, instead of confronting him in a crowded streets where his death was unlikely, we now have him in a dark back alley, where it is almost certain. I can't wait to hear what kind of reasoning you've come up with for this. Explain."

Horizon sheathes his Kukri; he has no intention of using it on Tiffany. However, he does keep a firm grip on the thief, ready to kill him at a moment's notice.
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 10:54 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"I-I got scared." She replied, looking at the ground. "I t-thought you wouldn't listen to me and I-I've always been taught that actions speak louder than words. T-that's why..." Tiffany didn't finish her sentence, a few tears going down her face, thinking back to the murder of her parents.

(Now, for a flash back)
Tiffany ran into a closet in a small cottage that she lived in with her parents, hiding as she saw an intimidating teen walk by, hold a sword covered in blood.
She crouched down in the corner as she heard yelling and then the sound of a fight going on.
She yelped as there was a loud thump at the closet door. She looked up as blood pooled in and she heard something growling outside of the door.
Tiffany screamed as the closet door opened.
(End flashback.)
Ramsus 1st Jul 2012, 10:38 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Doesn't seem like we've heard anything from Zerbin or Anvildude. *sigh*
Bronymous 1st Jul 2012, 10:50 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
@Ramsus: you know this whole time I thought the thief was your kobold. Had to go back and read through the whole game again before I figured out it wasn't him.

I was wondering why you were just gonna sit there and let me kill him.
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 11:18 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
The blind man, after hearing this, moves up to Tiffany and give her the pouch of gold.

"Calm down girl! Here, keep the pouch. You sound like you need this more than I do. And judging from your... friend...
*He points with his cane vaguely in Horizon's direction*
"...I wouldn't be able to sleep guilt-free, knowing how he might have earned it. Still, I'm grateful for someone taking care of those ruffians, so his secrets are safe with me if he so desires. They've been ambushing people for weeks, as well as shaking down the local beggars for fun."
*The thug Tiffany landed on groans. The blind man whacks him a few times with his walking cane*
"Why are you sticking with the guy anyway? You don't sound like the kind of girl to require his... services."
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 11:24 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"I-I need his help to find someone." She replied, shaking. "I'll drag that guy to jail so you don't have to worry about him."

I'm going to send you another PM soon with a description of her brother.
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 11:31 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
The blind man chuckles, and replies:
"Hah, only thing I've got to worry about are open pits in the road. Tell me, what does this "someone" look like? I'm blind, but that doesn't mean I haven't heard of him from some of my brothers-in-fortune, who happen to see better than I do.."
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 11:33 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"His name is Ratatosk. He's 5 foot, 4 inches. He has red eyes and short blond hair." Tiffany replied. "I-If you can inform me if you see him, I'd be so grateful!"
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 11:57 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
"Well, it's highly unlikely that I'll ever *see* him, but I *have* heard about someone with that description. He was part of some of the weirdo cultists that have been popping up all of a sudden. Most of them like skulking near that big famous temple, wearing some kind of strange robes. I'd be careful though... Several of my friends lived there, and I haven't heard from them in a while... With all the festivities going around, they're probably up to no good. In fact, could I ask you a minor favor? If you happen to run across someone called "Beady Jack", could you give him this?"
*He hands you a small dove made of wire*
"It's his birthday, and I owe it to him. He'll know who it's from. He squats around the temple's graveyard usually. Just be careful, he's a bit bitey to strangers."

*He turns to leave after that, nearly tripping on one of the thugs*
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 12:03 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"O-Okay. Thank you for the information." Tiffany bowed before looking at Horizion. "Okay, let's get them to the jail."
Bronymous 1st Jul 2012, 1:46 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
"Not the answer I was hoping for, but that matters very little. I'm not in the business of rounding up criminals. Vigilante work is surprisingly unrewarding, and it is very time consuming. While I don't care that this man was stealing, I do care that he stole from me. And since you don't appear to have a reason for keeping him alive," Horizon again draws his Kukri, and plunges it into the thief's throat, and lets him drop to the ground. "As for your new friend there," he gestures to the still prone thug, "I say leave him. Or kill him. But he's yours to deal with."

Horizon begins walking back to the alley entrance. "I still need to gather my equipment. Either come with me, or take him to jail, if you must, and meet me by the Temple gardens at dusk."

(You could roll a check to see if the theif dies instantly or is bleeding out, if you plan on using him. Just a suggestion).
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 2:24 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Tiffany looked slightly offended, not looking at the blood, fearful that she might have that flashback again. She grabbed the Thug and started dragging him out of the alley. "I'm not going to kill anyone!" She growled lowly.
Ramsus 1st Jul 2012, 11:47 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Lol, I actually thought of doing something like that too. Nope, still stuck here waiting on potentially nonexistent characters.
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 12:05 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Yeah, sorry about that. Since anvil doesn't seem to be replying either, anyone else interested in the spot (preferably someone active/registered)?
Lyntermas 1st Jul 2012, 2:48 PM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
I'd like to suggest letting Ramsus continue without a "partner". If someone wants to join in later, you could integrate them in, but he's been waiting patiently for a few days for some action.
Bronymous 1st Jul 2012, 3:01 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
^An excellent idea. I was going to suggest he swap in for the thief, but, well... Too late now.
Ramsus 1st Jul 2012, 4:55 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Well, now that those two are exiting an alley I could easily bump into one of them.
Zarhon 1st Jul 2012, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Very well. On with the show!

Skitter

You bump into another kobold that was running with a bag much larger than himself. The collision causes him to drop the bag, spilling most of it's contents:
-Four rolled-up scrolls, sealed with a familiar-looking wax seal
-A bubbling potion, contained within a cushioned box
-A kobold-sized robe, that seems oddly familiar
-A small, white, shining gem
-A sealed crate
-An amulet with a blood-red gem
-A pouch with some kind of powdery substance

You recover from the collision quickly, but the other kobold is slightly dazed, spewing random profanities as it tries to regain it's senses. You've seen his kind before: "Good-runners", Kobolds specialized in transferring goods, messages, equipment. They'd be the go-to lackeys for when you need something dangerous sent and don't particularly care about who sends it, whilst avoiding treachery: They're ordered to never question (or even look at) the goods they're carrying, under penalty of death (Which is why the job is offered as an alternative to execution). They're mostly harmless, unless you try to hamper their task. Must be some kind of errand for a local big-shot.

(You can do three actions at most before he regains his composure, after which he'll try to pick up anything he assumes was part of his cargo, or notices you stealing... Roll perception for each item, +5 for any you attempt to take)


Post-ninja edit: Bah, should have thought of that. Oh well! I'll have to railroad you play out your choices differently then.
Bronymous 1st Jul 2012, 5:25 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
lol, these ninja comments are getting to be a bitch. already had to tweak a few of my posts.
Ramsus 1st Jul 2012, 6:26 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter no longer having any warm sympathetic feelings for those of his lesser kin elects to just take everything. He leans in as if offering aid with one hand while drawing his sword with the other, flips his cloak up to hopefully stop anyone from noticing what he's doing, and smacks the runner in the head with the end of his sword, hopefully knocking him out.
Lyntermas 1st Jul 2012, 7:53 PM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
Um, I'm not sure whether your attempt to knock him unconscious is more a matter of convenience or mercy, but you know he's a dead kobold if he goes back to his boss empty-handed, right?
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 7:58 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
He knows. He's not being sympathetic anymore.

It seems Tiffany's going to join a team of neutral/evil characters. *snickers.*
Ramsus 1st Jul 2012, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Haha, actually the niceness or cruelty of it is actually irrelevant. It was just a funny/quick way to hook up with the rest of the to-be-party. (Assuming all goes as planned anyway....)
Kris_The_Guest 1st Jul 2012, 8:13 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Well, anyways, all those items are probably important to the Gm's plot. This also means the bad guys will throw their generals at us.
Lyntermas 1st Jul 2012, 10:34 PM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
Correction: Most of these items are to DETERMINE the GM's plot. I doubt that any criminal mastermind would send ALL the necessary MacGuffins with one unprotected gopher.
And for the record, I'm chaotic good, not neutral.
Ramsus 1st Jul 2012, 11:46 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Keep in mind they just as easily could be red herrings.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 6:01 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Your meta-gaming pleases me greatly.

Skitter

Nonlethal attack -> 12 + 8 = 20 Success
Stealth Check -> 9 + 5 = 14 Success

Your subterfuge knocks him out cold, without anyone noticing. He won't be getting up anytime soon. You help yourself to the spilled items, but find the crate too bulky to conceal on your person (You have to hold it). You could take his whole sack, but it seems pretty heavy and it might arouse unwanted attention, as you'd seem like an easy target lugging that thing around.


(How exactly will you deal with the sack and spilled items? Tell me what you plan on inspecting. Keep in mind that the open street isn't a safe/easy place to be inspecting the items.)
Lyntermas 2nd Jul 2012, 7:39 AM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
Ramsus, I would suggest first finding an alleyway where you could properly examine the items. If one is close by, you might be able to bring the crate and sack with you, but I leave that to your discretion. Also, I think that the scrolls and the familiar robe should get first attention, as they hopefully will give context to the rest of the items.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 7:51 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Well, I'm trying not to metaplay with Tiffany.
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 8:50 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
I'm not going to metagame; it is unscrupulous and takes away from the flavor and immersion of the game.

If I were to metagame, though, I would tell Ramsus that he could get away with carrying the whole sack without too much suspicion. Most people on the street would just assume he is one of those "good-runners". A Kobold is a Kobold, no one is going to know any better.

He should also put on the amulet and robe, unseal the scrolls, bust open the crate, suck on the gem, snort the powder and down the potion. DO IT DO IT DO IT!
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 8:51 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Uhh, no. What if the potion is a posion?
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 9:02 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
And the powder is sulfur carbide, and the gem is toxic, and everything else is just trapped and cursed? Who better to find out for us than the Kobold?
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 9:08 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
But the kobold might be the team mascot!!!
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 9:14 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
No worries! The potential team mascot is trained in poison use and trap detection! Hurray!
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 9:12 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter picks up all the items like he has every right to do so. Afterall, who's going to say he isn't. He's under most people's line of sight and those he isn't he can likely handle.

Having gathered up all the items, he looks around. He spots someone dragging another someone off somewhere heading his direction. He calls out to them, "Excuse me person-dragging-other-person, would you happen to be heading to a temple? Your....friend there looks injured and as you can see so is mine and I'm worried he might have taken a serious blow to the head. I wouldn't feel right just leaving him alone but, well my claws are full, and I see you have a person-not-currently-dragging-a-person with you." At this he gives the pair a (potentially?) friendly smile. Well it involves showing a lot of teeth anyway.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 9:17 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Tiffany looked up at the Kobbold and was shocked slightly. "Umm, actually, I was heading to the Jail. This guy is a thug." She replied, hiding her shock.
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 9:33 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
"And I'm going to a tavern." Horizon takes in the sight a moment before continuing, "He can't be that important to you if you chose that sack over him. I'll tell you what. I'll make you a deal. I'll take the bag and keep it safe, so you can take your friend to the temple. Then I'll bring it to you at the temple later today." He looks over the sack one more time, as if trying to determine what could be in it. "We can discuss what I want in return then."

Horizon is suspicious of the Kobold's intent, (and distrusts him outright) but this is a solid deal to him; Horizon will not intentionally break the deal, and if the Kobold does, he keeps the sack full of potential loot.

Perception check; trying to determine what is in the sack.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 10:18 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Horizon

Perception Check -> 17 Success

You peek quickly into the bag. You partially see some kind of rough cloth-like material, as well as a oval, iron container of some sort.You also take note of the potion the kobold is holding. The special packaging of it hints that the potion itself is either very sensitive, fragile, and/or expensive. You can't see it's liquid contents without removing the potion from it first.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 10:21 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter maintains his smile and says, "Well, ok. Jail works too." He hands Horizon the items and picks up the unconscious kobold. "I'll just keep your female friend company then. Oh and please don't open anything, I don't think you like what I give you if you do." At this point his smile becomes decidedly less warm.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 10:24 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
PS: You don't need to drag the thug to jail, a guard is enough. Also, dragging people through a busy street tends to raise a few eyebrows.

Here's a quick status check:

Tiffany & Skitter -> Dragging a kobold and a thug through a busy street.
Horizon -> Heading to a pub with the sack and other items.
Rolf -> At the temple theatre, about to meet his doom waiting for events to catch up.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 10:26 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
It can't be too bad though right? Festivals mean lots of drunken people.

Edit in response to GM edit: Hmm, we could use some kind of healer.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 10:31 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
He's got a point though I figure the time is between 9 am and noon.

Tiffany sighed, starting to drag the Thug.
Edit : I agree with Ramasus. We need a healer and I'm not going to take a level in paladin or cleric.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 10:31 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Good point.

Skitter and Tiffany drag their respective bodies towards the jail. A guard eventually notices the odd duo and asks what are they doing.

Edit for Ramsus: Well, I figure Horizon is a alchemist of sorts, Tiffany might be a paladin/cleric/templar of some sort, Rolf might know some basic restorative magic ("Name ONE wizard without healing spells that didn't die horribly")
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 10:34 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
"You guard? These for you." And he unceremoniously just drops the kobold at the guard's feet.

Edit: And I guess Skitter being trained in poisons would also know he meant how to cure them. Probably. One would hope. Sheesh!

Edit 2: Rincewind? =P
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 10:36 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"Y-yeah. This man was trying to rob a blind man and I took him down." Tiffany replied, carefully putting the thug down.

Ah, going to send the GM a note in a few minutes concerning the off chance that I have to leave.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 10:47 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
The guard looks at you both, as well as the bodies, slightly confused, then shrugs (He's bored anyway, being stuck on shift while everyone else is partying). He calls his mate to help him drag them both. Before he leaves, he asks you for name and where the crime happened, so they can confirm it and keep an eye on that spot.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 10:49 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Tiffany told them all the information.

Vaarsuvius from 'The Order of the Stick?'
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 10:51 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter let Tiffany do all the talking. =P
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 10:57 AM edit delete reply
Zarhon
He had a cleric. And even that didn't help him much.

The guards take note of your story and drag their respective individuals. With nothing else to do, you figure you should go to the temple now. (Feel free to strike up a conversation)

Horizon, I suggest you "gear up" with your equipment and head on over to the temple. You can also check through the items you were given without Skitter knowing, as long as you don't tamper with them in any visible way (e.g. opening the crate, unsealing the scrolls - You'll have to roll forgery afterwards to see if it can be restored).
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 11:07 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Tiffany started walking to the Temple with Skitter.
Tiffany thought there was an awkward silence going on.
"Um, where do you hail from?" She asked Skitter.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 11:13 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
"Hail? What hail?" Skitter examines the skies, which seem completely free of hail or even snow. "Is that one of those strange human sayings? I am from some caves to the...." he looks around and just points in the direction where he came from. "That way. So where are you from female?"

Is he being evasive? Is he just stupid? Inquiring minds might possibly sorta care to know if they were bored enough!
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 11:18 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"It means, 'where do you come from.' Well, I came from a small town to the southeast." She replied looking in the direction that Skitter pointed.. "It's quite nice during the spring."

Well, She dealt with a few people like that.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 11:22 AM edit delete reply
Ramsus
"Oh really? I heard that they have delicious ba-" And then he remembered he was talking to a human. "baked goods." He quickly tried to change to subject. "So, what does a small female use a hammer that big for. Not kobold smashing I hope?"
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 11:59 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"Well, I use it because it was my Dads. He was a good cleric. I tried to become a cleric but all the spells I tried to cast exploded in my face." Tiffany laughed, remembering the good times.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 12:03 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
"I tried out training in our divine ways as well. I was better at some parts than others." At this Skitter gave a shrug. "So are you just here for the...whatever this is female?"
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 12:05 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"No. I'm looking for my brother." She replied, taking out the wanted poster. "Have you seen him?" She asked.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 12:04 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Things exploding in your face were the good times? :3

Edit: Skitter, roll to figure out her brother's eyes.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 12:05 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Compared to her parents getting murdered, yes.

Edit : Finally sent a PM to Zarhon.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 12:11 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Hmm ok. What skill am I using? Perception? *rolls a d20* 8 (If that's Peception add another 8 to that for 16?)
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 12:49 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Her description of red eyes is particularly interesting to you. In your life, you've had several experiences with red-eyed individuals. In most cases, it was prominent in very powerful (or overgorged) vampires. It was also a trait of some of the more monstrous creatures that surrounded your kin. It was either a thing of heritage, a natural trait, or the sign of powerful magics present within the individual. You'd have to see eye-to-eye to know for sure though.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 12:54 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Hah, Skitter has red eyes himself so that's pretty amusing.

"Your brother wouldn't happen to be a vampire would he? Are you a vampire? You don't look like one."
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 12:56 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"No, he's not. He's...a werewolf." She replied.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 1:25 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter grimaced, "Nnn. We don't get along too well with lycanthropes. They are not big on sharing. So, why you looking for him? Did he chase a carriage and get lost?" At this he gave a derisive smirk.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 1:38 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"He killed my parents." She replied, looking at the ground.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 1:50 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
"Ah. So that's what the small female is doing with the big hammer." Skitter silently thought about if he might be able to turn a profit from this, felt bad for the girl, then wondered where he could find some wolf's bane.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 1:54 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Tiffany shook her head, trying not to cry. "I have to be bold." She thought before looking up. "If only to keep their memories alive."
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 1:58 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter nodded silently. He didn't want to say the wrong thing and have her burst into tears or a violent kobold smashing frenzy.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 2:16 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"Ah. Is that the temple?" Tiffany pointed toward a building.

Just noticed this >.<.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 1:43 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
( Hmm, it just occured to me, your not trying very hard at hiding your vampiric eyes. What's the usual color of kobold eyes? I assume red isn't a typical color for them.

That, and you just more or less casually revealed yourself as being vampire-related to Tiffany.

Man, Tiffany sure is an evil-guy magnet.)
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 1:48 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
It seems to be a running gag for her no matter what kind of RP she's in. At least in most of them, Ratatosk is a good-ish guy.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 1:53 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
lol, actually Kobolds typically all have red eyes. Though, his would be red anyway. And hey, he could have meant Kobolds? (Though yes, the potential reveal there was intentional.)
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 2:19 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Aaand Bronymous makes 80. 80 comments in this thread.

Just so we're all on the same page, Horizon has returned to the inn and is having an uneventful rest of the day, right? I'm just gonna wait for my cue.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 2:30 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Tiffany points at a building in the distance. Featuring two needle-like towers on it's entrance arch and a beaker-like grand central dome, the temple of the saint stands strong, inviting all those who seek spiritual guidance. Lots of decorations adorn it today - golden ribbons, ornate cloths, even several levitating holy symbols. The entrance has been converted as part of the celebrations, allowing the theatre actors to use the temple architecture as part of the stage, hanging props off various gargoyles and other wall fixtures. The entrance itself is behind the back curtain of the stage, keeping it hidden until the play is over, when the door will open for all those wishing to receive blessings. The play is about to start, it seems, as many people are occupying the clearing in front of the stage. The temple is also closely connected to several old buildings - Some of the very first built in the town, testaments to an age of tyranny. Behind the temple loom several secluded gardens, where the priests live and do their daily rituals, as well as the grandest (but not largest) graveyard in the city. These, in contrast to the rest of the city, are completely deserted, as expected from such places during time of celebration and merriment. As you get closer, stalls featuring religious items, pamphlets and other such stuff start popping up. Plenty of beggars are also on the streets, capitalizing on the mercy of the pious, and yellow-robed priests shout preachings and offer pamphlets with descriptions of the theatre show.

@ Horizon: Yeah, I assume you went to the inn, had a drink or two, got your stuff (maybe did something with the sack or it's contents), then went along to the temple, getting there an hour or so before Skitter and Tiffany (Dragging people takes time). Describe how you approach the temple, what you do while waiting there, etc...

edit: re-read the description, updated it a bit
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 2:51 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
I guess we were never clear on time? Kris said something about 9-Noon. Plus, didn't they drop off the two with the nearest guards? Also, if all of this has been happening since we left Rolf, shouldn't his thing play out a little bit before nightfall? (He is doing a play, is he not, he can't just stand on stage all day).

Whatever, its not important, I guess. I'm sure you'll straighten everything out.

Horizon arrives at the rear of the temple gardens just as the sun dips below the rooftops. In addition to his regular clothes, he now wears a matte grey breastplate with dark blue detail, a matching closed-face helm, gauntlets and boots, and a black hooded cloak. The cloak conceals his Scimitar and Kukri, as well as several pouches. Among the contents of the pouches are 5 Alchemist's Fires, the necessary equipment and ingredients to make more, an empty journal, and two waterskins. Horizon is carrying the Kobold's sack, with some difficulty due to the extra weight. He stops to rest against a tree, and takes note of the festivities to take place. Deciding that is where the two are likely to show, he shifts his load around and makes for the temple gates.

(It just occured to me our characters don't know each other's names).


edit: ninja'd. ok, ignore my first paragraph.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 2:54 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
(Oh yeah. They should introduce themselves when they meet up.)

Tiffany started to approach, looking around at all the decorations. "Wow." She whispered.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 3:06 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
Horizon

You wait patiently for your unlikely companion. A few minutes of waiting later, you notice a man in a familiar robe walk past, entering one of the temple side doors. A few minutes after that, you see a pair of similarly-clothed individuals enter the theater crowd, one of them carrying a sack, similar to the one by your feet. You don't manage to get a good look at any of them personally though.


Chronology status update:
- Horizon is patiently waiting for Tiffany and Skitter, who should arrive soon. He just saw some hooded figures.
- Tiffany & Skitter are approaching the temple.
- Rolf hasn't started his acting part yet, but will soon.

(Horizon, will you keep waiting, or try to do something before Tiff & Skitter reach you? Think 15-30 mins leeway)
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 3:38 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Horizon takes note of the location of the two in the crowd. A sudden urge to investigate grabs him, but he knows better than to leave the sack unguarded. He instead looks for a place to sit, where he can wait for the others.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 3:38 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Oh yeah, another running gag is that anyone with the last name Ryu has and/or will get a ton of kids.
"We, Ryus, seem to breed like rabbits." -Ratatosk (Who has seven kids at that point in the RP)
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 3:40 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Hah, and here I thought you guys were seeing how long I would have Skitter call Tiffany female before I finally broke down and had him ask.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 3:43 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
As they approach Skitter spots the man who has "his" sack. "Ah my sack. I've brought you the female, I'd like it back now."
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 3:54 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
"Uhhh, my name is Tiffany." She muttered.
Zarhon 2nd Jul 2012, 4:01 PM edit delete reply
Zarhon
You all finally meet up. Horizon explains the situation regarding the hooded figures to Tiffany.

(He couldn't track the pair that went into the crowd, but he's certain that they haven't left it - there's more or less just two proper way into it: the side your looking at, and the still-covered up theater door. The rest is walled off with shop stalls and makeshift fences.)

As he explains, he looks at Skitter suspiciously. What's his part in all of this?


Edit: (Going to sleep now. Talk it out a bit, discuss your plans/theories, possibly roll on examining the sack's contents, or make your own assumptions on them and how you'd like to treat them. I'll update events and what the items are tommorow.)

Edit edit: If new strip is up tommorow, I'll continue on that page.
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 5:14 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Well, I wasn't planning on telling you guys about the guys, buuuuuuuut...

"Before anything else, there's the matter of my payment. In light of our current situation, I'll give you a choice: Show all of us each item in the sack, or give me just one." Horizon holds the bag out as if to give it to him, but holds it up, just out of reach.
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 5:47 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Skitter glances over at Tiffany. "What was that? I couldn't hear you over all the noise."

He considers his options. "Option one then. Let's see what we got." said Skitter, completely forgetting he was supposed to be pretending he was the rightful owner of its contents.


(Also, guess it was Lyntermas' turn to sit around watching people RP. Man, we split the party before the game even started. =P )
Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 5:54 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
That's all DM, though. It must be terribly boring; I was close to tears just waiting through your little small talk arc. I can't imagine waiting whole days to keep going.

Speaking of waiting, DM's not here to tell us what we've won, so we have two options: we either bookmark it here and come up with a general gameplan for tomorrow, or we keep playing, ignoring DM absence, and then tell him what happened since he left (which will almost undoubtedly end with us rewinding to this point anyway and playing it right).

So, any ideas?
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 6:06 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Let's bookmark it here.

"My name. It's Tiffany Ryu."
Lyntermas 2nd Jul 2012, 6:22 PM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
I've been busy all day, so I've just been catching up with the RP. I suggest we bookmark it here.

My character's plan was to go backstage, apologize to the cleric, get changed back, and see if they were still selling cheap beer at the tavern.
My plan was to go backstage, apologize to the cleric, and find out that the black mage has disappeared under mysterious cirucumstances.
However, I now think I won't even make it THAT far.

edit: I made a song for our new mascot (Lighthearted tune like "It's Quagmire")
Lurking in the shadows one cold night
A pair of red eyes is a man’s last sight
His blood is drained, his skin turns white
Who’s that small figure in the pale moonlight?
It’s Skitter, the Dhampir Kobold
Bloody-thirsty abomination who’s as cute as can be
It’s Skitter, the Dhampir Kobold
“If you kill them in the dark, their stuff is free.”

Bronymous 2nd Jul 2012, 6:49 PM edit delete reply
Bronymous
Yeah, looks like someone's coming after you. Or, the guy they think you are. We'll take care of it.
Kris_The_Guest 2nd Jul 2012, 6:55 PM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Yay! Mascot song!
Ramsus 2nd Jul 2012, 11:39 PM edit delete reply
Ramsus
Rofl. That was wonderful. Last line especially.
Kris_The_Guest 3rd Jul 2012, 10:01 AM edit delete reply
Kris_The_Guest
Someone should sing that and/or make our DnD session into a comic.
Neither will probably happen.
Bronymous 3rd Jul 2012, 10:10 AM edit delete reply
Bronymous
I wouldn't mind being a little bit famous on the internet like that.

But yeah, probably not gonna happen.
reynard61 30th Jun 2012, 7:56 PM edit delete reply
reynard61
I found this on the Hoosier Hooves Facebook page and thought that you guys might like it. It's by SolanumEpidemic via DeviantArt. Go Fave it if you like it: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/340/5/1/dungeons_and_ponies_by_solanumepidemic-d4i1y26.jpg

P.S. Is it just me or are the ComicFury servers really slow today? I haven't been able to download today's artwork because it keeps timing out on me.
Zeeth 1st Jul 2012, 11:38 AM edit delete reply
Hoosier Hooves... would that be the group in Bloomington that I can't seem to ever find? They need a forum that's not on Facebook, darnit.
reynard61 1st Jul 2012, 8:39 PM edit delete reply
reynard61
Not sure exactly where Hoosier Hooves is based. (We're rather loosely associated at present.) From what I know of the membership, most of them seem to be from the Carmel/Lawrence area. If you'd like, I can try to get in touch with them. Shoot me an e-mail at hoosierbronys(at)gmail(dot)com
banjo2E 30th Jun 2012, 8:31 PM edit delete reply
banjo2E
I have several Spiel Des Jahres winners stowed away...in the original German. Which was fine, since I spoke it, but after spending pretty much my whole life in the US without needing to use German except for occasional visits to Germany to see my relatives, I kinda sorta forgot how to speak it entirely due to language attrition.

As a result, whenever I've played Elfenland, I've always been either too young to understand the directions, or too old to remember the language in which the directions are written. As such, I just sort of place tiles in such a manner that there is a valid transportation path to every tile on the map.

It says a lot about me that whenever confronted with any game even remotely near 4X, I generally ignore the competitive aspects entirely and just focus on building infrastructure and upgrading my cities.
kriss1989 30th Jun 2012, 9:17 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Darn. That's a good bit or irony.
Arix 30th Jun 2012, 9:45 PM edit delete reply
Having worked for about four years at a game shop, yes, I have played (and own) many of these games. Still prefer Thunderstone to Dominion, though.
Qin the Kirin 1st Jul 2012, 10:58 AM edit delete reply
i Have a Shettlers of Katan. i love the game.
LoganAura 1st Jul 2012, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
LoganAura
FINAL party (IRC chat I'm going to make)
Cleric, The Unicorn Stallion named Sun Flair
Paladin, The Pegasus Stallion named Stormy Skies
Rogue, The Pegasus Mare named Mist Walker
Ranger/Guide, The Earth Pony Trap I mean Stallion Mountian Falls
Fighter, The Earth Pony Stallion Dodgeball
Wizard, The Unicorn Stallion Strangeknot
kriss1989 2nd Jul 2012, 7:29 AM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Also, if these names are any indication, we could use a mare.
Greywander 2nd Jul 2012, 10:23 AM edit delete reply
Greywander
T_T

Ah well, that's your decision. Could I sit in on the session and observe, at least?

And this will give me more time to work on a homebrew system of my own. It's still got a ways to go before it's playable, though.
kriss1989 2nd Jul 2012, 12:55 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
Or you could try and get in on the caster slot.
LoganAura 2nd Jul 2012, 4:44 PM edit delete reply
LoganAura
Sorry Grey! I forgot you sent me 3 ponies and Strangeknot... Well if you work on his backstory to be less... Twilight-y slash gary-stu-y he'd work!
Greywander 2nd Jul 2012, 6:51 PM edit delete reply
Greywander
Worth a shot, I suppose. Strangeknot being my first OC pony, it's not surprising that some Gary Stu traits snuck in*. When I originally created him, making him an author avatar was kind of intentional. I'll see what I can whip up, though.

*You know, thinking about it now, it was very Gary Stu-ish. Then again, I was merely trying to follow Twilight's example while toning it down a bit, and she's like the queen of Mary Sue.
LoganAura 2nd Jul 2012, 9:08 PM edit delete reply
LoganAura
GAME IS CLOSED NOW!
Grey gave me an idea of a set up session. The session will be solely/mostly for helping one another with and bouncing ideas for the battle system and Cutie marks. What time is good for everypony?
And possibly figuring out the following
1.) Good days to have the session
2.) How to get the game to flow easily
3.) Character sheets
4.) A quirk related to the Elements of Harmony that I've got to think over a bit
Greywander 2nd Jul 2012, 9:42 PM edit delete reply
Greywander
I'm on West Coast time here. My work schedule changes from week to week, but I should have this Saturday off. Maybe Sunday, too, but I haven't seen the schedule for next week yet. Earlier than that, I get off work at 6 on Tuesday and Wednesday, but work in the evening on Thursday and Friday.
Oblivious 3rd Jul 2012, 2:56 AM edit delete reply
Oblivious
I'm on the east coast myself, but I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday this week, and I get home from work around 7:30-ish PST everyday I work, so I think between those times we can figure something out.
Crimson Doom 3rd Jul 2012, 5:46 AM edit delete reply
Crimson Doom
Central Time (CDT) here. Odds are, I'm free on Saturdays; anywhere from 9:00 AM to about 4:00 PM would work. Oblivious didn't mention whether he was free on Saturdays, though, so I don't know if that'll work. If we're trying for a more regular meet time: in terms of July, Monday and Wednesday evenings are definitely out, and Sunday is off the menu. Beyond that, however, anytime from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM my time is good; any later than that and I risk bumping into dinner and/or bedtime. As I said, however, this only applies to July; after that, my schedule's gonna change, so I'll need to figure out what works at that point. Also, I won't be available the 23rd-28th.
If we're just looking for openings one day at a time, this Tuesday should work based on what Greywander and Oblivious have said works for them.
PipeDream 3rd Jul 2012, 6:09 AM edit delete reply
PipeDream
i'm on break, i work flex so most days are good for me, i'd prefer it if it was sometime monday-friday rather than the wheekend, but it's all good
LoganAura 3rd Jul 2012, 7:06 AM edit delete reply
LoganAura
EST over here.
I'm good tuesday this week and then, for the most part, Wednesdays are my free day. Friday too but that's not certian.
Monday and tuesday(Maybe) I might get home early enough for the game to go on but not certian.
thur Sat Sun- Not a chance. out all night.
all right. got to Chatzy.com (It makes free chat rooms) and enter /68343624174012 after the com
I'll be in the room all night checking in case we can get the setup session in tonight.
kriss1989 3rd Jul 2012, 12:34 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
EST here. I am free any day BUT Sunday. On Tue Thur I would not be available until the afternoon.
nerdanel 1st Jul 2012, 10:09 PM edit delete reply
Going to give a big Fluttershy "yay" to Scotland Yard. There are VERY few truly cooperative board games, and that one is amazing. It also helps being a serious anglophile.

For those who aren't familiar with the game, one of the players takes the role of Mr./Mrs. X, and the other players are detectives from Scotland Yard tasked with bringing the criminal to justice by, literally, doing a dragnet in the streets and byways of London using taxis, buses, and the underground to get around.

The criminal's token is hidden except on specific turns when it is tantalizingly revealed. The only piece of knowledge the detectives are given on any other turn, is the chain of modes of transportation their quarry has used.

The detectives win if they either land on the criminal's location (node) or surrounding the criminal completely within 30 turns. Otherwise, the criminal slips away.

It's tremendous fun.
Lyntermas 1st Jul 2012, 10:31 PM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
Sounds like a game my family used to play called Clue Museum Caper. One player was the thief, who had to steal paintings and then escape the museum. The other players were the detectives, trying to find the otherwise invisible thief using cameras and sensors. It was a fun game.
nerdanel 1st Jul 2012, 11:24 PM edit delete reply
A cursory reading of the rules of Caper shows that there are fewer players, the thief gets a lot of turns, but with less movement than a detective. There are many ways for the thief to announce what they are doing at any given time. The thief has to run to one of three exits. And dice are involved.

So, thematically similar, but functionally very different?
Lyntermas 2nd Jul 2012, 7:33 AM edit delete reply
Lyntermas
The main similarity I was trying to highlight was the concept of one "invisible" player working against several players who have to work together. I'm sure the mechanics are very different, but the core idea is the same in both.
McBehrer 2nd Jul 2012, 10:14 PM edit delete reply
McBehrer
4 words: Sentinels of the Multiverse.
kriss1989 3rd Jul 2012, 12:51 PM edit delete reply
kriss1989
I've been looking at that. Does it play well?
Malkyn 4th Jul 2012, 2:09 PM edit delete reply
Testing my ability to comment.
Malkyn 4th Jul 2012, 2:12 PM edit delete reply
Malkyn
Apparently I can't delete it... Sorry, Newbiespud. Might as well chime in to say I've been following this series for a bit, and that as someone who's GMed for 4.0 and also kinda wants to run a MLP game, I like what you've done here.
LoganAura 4th Jul 2012, 3:54 PM edit delete reply
LoganAura
Malk, if you make an account you can both get a avi and edit/delete comments. just yours though
AttentionDeficitGuy 9th Sep 2012, 10:23 AM edit delete reply
You know, I feel so accomplished at having played every game Newbiespud mentioned! Well, except Scotland Yard...